I'd like to dedicate today's post to some of these wonderful people whose writing and/or photographs inspire me, offer me solace, galvanise my thinking, make me laugh and direct me to other perspectives which help to broaden my mental and sentient horizons.
- Scribbler is one of the most creative people I have met in my entire life. More than that, she is a very intelligent and compassionate person with a wonderful sense of humour. Her writing reveals a very wise head on young shoulders. I am filled with awe whenever I read anything she writes, because it is usually deeply insightful.
- Little Atoorva is my Alice in the bureaucratic wonderland. Her innocence, unspoilt by the nonsense that passes of as reality, constantly refreshes her readers. Her world is populated by beauty. By enchantment of thoughts, of ideas, of images.
- Ann lives in the wonderful town of Sydney. Her meanderings in her town help me to explore a city which I have not visited so far, but would like to, now that I have seen it through her eyes!
- I met Subrat in the course of work many, many years ago. I was (and still am) struck by his wisdom and his warmth. In today's world, where people have turned into emotional and professional cannibals, Subrat's remains a lone voice of sanity. Pity he doesn't write often enough.
- Melanie is an old soul in Jimmy Choo shoes. Her posts on her life and loves are genial and deeply astute. She is very observant and has on more than one occasion, revealed great perspicacity about life's ticklish issues.
- Mahanandi defies description. On the face of it, it's a food blog. Its author, Indira, shares recipes and photographs that would convert the most ardent anorexic into a foodie!What a great ambassador for Indian and Andhra food.
- Dick Richards is my spiritual guru. I do not remember when or where or how I stumbled upon his writing. I sometimes feel as though I am the Eklavya to his Dronacharya! I keep going back to his words and finding new lessons in each thing he says. Wise, gentle and very, very humane. A great teacher.
Thank you, each one of you. You have made my life richer. Those of you reading this blog, please take some time to visit each one of these people in cyberspace and be prepared to be amazed.